welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, May 20, 2016

Spiritual Exercise And Adventures In God


There is more to Christianity than just simply attending a gathering where you listen to a man talk about the Bible a couple times a week. 


There is a walk in the Spirit also.

Galatians 5:25
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

But few people in the church routine even have a concept of this and what it all means.

 A walk in the Spirit can be talked about, but only the Holy Spirit can bring us to the place where we fully comprehend what Paul was talking about in the above verse.

We need to get out of our complacency.

There is a dimension where some incredible things can take place in our walks with God.

"Divine appointments" with others that can take place at any moment, where God moves through you in ministry towards others.

 "Highlighted" visual alerts that when compiled with circumstances are able to give us insight and direction.

Manifestation of God's power in ministry to others.

There is so much more when we break out of traditional 'churchianity.'

Churchianity is a pejorative term used to describe practices of Christianity that are viewed as placing a larger emphasis on the habits of church life or the institutional traditions of a specific Christian denomination rather than on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

It can also be used to describe churches across many denominations where the central focus has moved from Christ to the church and it's traditions.

 Hence the replacement of Christ with church in the word churchianity.

To follow the Lord Jesus Christ in a Walk in the Spirit is very exciting!

 You never know what is going to happen.

Way back in 1987 Pastor Chuck Smith had written a somewhat sanitized book called, "The Harvest."


He had neglected to tell the stories of some key individuals that had helped to build Calvary Chapel of Costa Mesa in this book.

I found my self getting irritated.

And apparently so did God.

 I explain how I know this in the book draft that I wrote.

So I sat down and began to type out my own story before there was a public internet as it were, because I had a hand in helping to build Calvary Chapel.

This is a PDF rough draft of what I had written back then.

There are a lot of missing pages and a few errors in spelling.

I have not worked on it at all, but yet it has been read by a lot of people who got back to me and told me how it impacted them deeply.

One couple uses the book as a text book to teach young people and recovering abused people how to walk in the Spirit at a Vineyard Church.

Because I do not believe in making personal profit from anything that God does through anyone's life that has to do with the things of God, such as the teaching of the Word of God, I give the book away freely.

( It is OK to be supported if you are a teacher of the Word, just not made into a millionaire by personally profiting from God's Word, like so many mega church pastors of today do. 

The Ministry of the Twelve
7"And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.' 8"Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give. 9"Do not acquire gold, or silver, or copper for your money belts,…

Although one intelligent theologian told me i should publish it so that it can reach a wider audience.

I still think that you, my dear readers are fully capable of spreading the book around through the current day media avenues, such as twitter, facebook, blogs, texting etc...


I would humbly ask that you would do as such if you find that the book ministered to you and blessed you so that others can be blessed as well...

Which of course is my sincerest prayer. 

 You will need the free Adobe Reader to access the Book if you do not have a PDF file reader.
https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Here is the download page to my book, "Jesus The Fruiful Vine."

***

My First Days As A Christian

WAY BACK, WHILE STILL IN HIGH SCHOOL, I AND SOME OTHER YOUNG CHRISTIANS HAD A "BIBLE BOOKSTORE" AT THE NEWPORT BEACH PIER IN CA.


All of us had agreed that we freely received the Word of God.

 Therefore in our young minds we were going to freely do the same.

 So we approached several book sources and bible tract sources with our idea.

 Everyone liked it and freely supplied us with Christian books and tracts etc...

We never sold anything to anyone. 


I think that this experience helped to mold my understanding of "God Guides, God Provides" and "The calling of God is the enabling of God."

 Even our commercial storefront rent was paid in an unusual manner, because none of us had the amount required each month.

 Usually someone would just hand us the exact amount needed, even though they had no knowledge of what our rent was.

 For you see, we never took our rent need to anyone but the Lord.


We learned that from reading about George Muller.

 I can recall not having the rent right up to the day it was due.

 The morning that rent was due, we would sometimes find an envelope had been slipped under the front door during the night with the needed amount in cash in it.

 God never once let us kids down!


Greg Laurie was one of the kids from school who participated with us back when only we his friends knew who he was.

Greg was a baby Christian just like the rest of us were.

 All of us would go into the back storage area of the store and worship Jesus and pray.

 We stood in a circle holding hands.

 I recall this inner knowledge would come to my mind of who was not "entering in fully" and I would have this over whelming compulsion to encourage them to let go of the cares and wholeheartedly worship.

 No matter how I would try to ignore this revelation "knowledge" it would well up in me to the point that I couldn't do anything but act on it.

Encouraging and prompting the others to worship with total laser focus on Jesus Christ.

We would sing songs we learned from attending Calvary Chapel up in Costa Mesa.

 Then when the manifest presence of the Holy Spirit came, we would shift into singing in the Spirit (gift of tongues).

 And yes, Greg Laurie would be right there with us in this activity of singing in the Spirit.

This experience was so incredibly awesome!

Few churches today even teach on or participate in this experience.


 All of us would be in the Spirit and filled to overflowing.

It was at this point that we would then go out and witness to others at the beach under the power and anointing of the Holy Spirit.

Now my point is, in my young baby Christian days, I was moving in gifts of the Holy Spirit without knowing what they were or how they operated etc...


I would be ministering to others and somehow just know things about them through revelation of the Holy Spirit.

 Now today I know this to be gifts in operation such as "The word of knowledge" and the discerning of spirits.

And these 'coincidences' were always happening to me and to others.

 I would be somewhere and run into someone and the Holy Spirit would come upon on me as we were talking.

I would become aware of some sort of a shift in my relation to the other person.

 Suddenly I had this sort of authority as I would be sharing my faith with them. 

Scriptures would come to my mind and I would quote them as they came to my awareness.

The person would then give their life to Jesus.

 This would happen so frequently that I started to make myself available to God by hitch hiking (everyone did that back in those days, it was legal then) between Newport Beach CA and Laguna Beach CA, sharing my faith with others.

 I now call these encounters with others "divine appointments."

 Today, I realize that I was walking in an evangelistic calling at that time.

God would give me something to say to others that I had no way of knowing but by revelation from the Holy Spirit.

 He would bring to mind things that I did not understand.

 For instance, the other day I was driving home from work.

 My cell phone rang in my pocket.

 I was on the freeway as I struggled to get the phone out of my jeans while paying attention to the road. (Which I do not recommend doing.)

I answered it in time before it went to my voicemail.

 It was pastor Tilson Shumate calling.

 Now I greatly dislike talking on my cell while driving, especially while on a freeway.

 Tilson just says, "I have someone here for you."

 And the next thing I know I hear another voice saying, "Hi this is Bishop."

Now I an fast approaching an area of the freeway where traffic merges from another entry source. 

This portion of the road takes one's full attention because people are usually crazy in their driving right there.

 I know this because every time I come to this portion of the road over the years, people drive very poorly.

So I am thinking to myself, "I am going to have to cut this call short." 


I have learned over the years that God has given me this ability to, by faith, to go into my spirit man and bring forth a Word from the Lord by faith.

 Some say this is not even possible.

 I don't know about them, but for me personally, it has always happened like this.

 I call it "going to the well of Jesus with my bucket of faith to bring up a Word from God."

John 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

So I do this.

 I get a vision in my spirit of Bishop who I have not had any contact with, who I do not even know anything about, having never met him.

 In the vision I see him surrounded in a white fog.

As I realize what I am seeing, the Word of the Lord comes to me.


I tell Bishop what I am seeing and what God is saying to me.

 God tells me that he is a bearer of "The Presence of the Lord" to others.

 He brings the presence of the Lord to the mind and hearts of others.

 Then God shows me that this calling over Bishop requires a building up of his faith beyond what he himself thinks he can take so that he might be fully built up in his faith.

Then Bishop hands the phone to pastor Tilson and after saying a few more things to Tilson I am off the phone, and now can navigate the difficult stretch of road safely.

I do not talk on my phone while driving, this was very unusual.

The next day I call pastor Tilson back.

 He informs me that after I had spoken with Bishop, there were tears streaming down his face and he was glowing like an angel.

 Unknown to me, Bishop had been given only three more months to live because of kidney failure.

God had told him 25 years ago that he would be a 'bearer of His presence', so the Word that I delivered meant something to him personally because it reiterated what was told to him so long ago by the Holy Spirit.

 This current health crisis in his life was stretching his faith big time.


On my end of things I knew nothing about the man of God.

 Nothing.

This kind of encounter has always happened to me, my whole Christian walk.

You see, I walked in the gifts of the Holy Spirit before I even knew what they were and how they operated through the life of a Christian.

 I just did what the Holy Spirit seemed to indicate to me.

 Of course today I know a lot more about the gifts and their proper operation etc.

Perhaps today you are moving in gifts of the Holy Spirit and are not fully aware that they are gifts in operation in your own life.


 At some point you realize that something supernatural is happening by the Holy Spirit.

I believe that there is a woman of God reading this right now and thinking to herself, "Yes, that is what has been happening to me."

May I say to you, obtain a copy of Eileen Fisher's book "Embracing The Prophetic."

Eileen describes her journey with the gifts of the Holy Spirit and her own prophetic calling.

A very good read.

Although I don't think her example of selling all things spiritual on a website should be followed...LOL.

 You know my early upbringing in the Lord proved to me that we don't have to take that route at all, nor should we.

Today it is so sad to me to see genuine prophetic people sell out for the $dollars$,"Touching the Gold" as Lonnie Frisbee used to say to me when he was discipling me.

Here you have prophetic individuals who get recognition and market all things spiritual and find some ability to buy nice homes and fine cars etc...

 But all too soon they find that interest in their wares in the Christian market place lessens and they are stretched to keep up financially with their materialism requirements that they have become accustomed to.

They find themselves in financial bondage.

 So they make the conference circuit and sell books videos Cd's etc to try to make ends meet.

The compromise!

The net result is these men and woman of God have been entrapped and now no longer have the freedom they once had to do the work of the Kingdom, to "Walk in the Spirit.".

 You can see them collected together on websites hawking their wares to the public like merchants of all things spiritual...in hopes of meeting their own personal financial needs.

Which have become very burdensome for them.


Is that what God desired, is that what God had called them to?


 If the Word of the Lord is freely given through me to others, dare I market it?

 Dare I copyright it as though I honestly had something to do with it?

 If what I have to sow into your life from God will benefit you spiritually and build you up, dare I package it, putting up a paywall, essentially hold it ransom until you can pay up?


What if you have nothing to pay with? 

 Dare I only release what God gives to me to only those who have the ability to pay and not to those who can not pay?

I have been a house painter for over 50 years, self supporting like Paul the tent maker.

 Asking no one for anything for the things of God that might flow through my yielded life over the years.

Now this may be something that others bristle over.

 There are some very anointed men and woman of God that you or I have never heard of.

 Nameless faceless people ministering to the Body of Christ at large.

 Doing the work of the Kingdom for Christ.

Not touching the gold, not buying homes and vehicles and jets, just simply following the Holy Spirit where he leads them as best as they can.

At our annual "Lonnie Frisbee Grave Site Meeting" pastor Tilson wanted to hand me a card.

 As he stretched out his hand to offer it to me, something in my spirit man recoiled.

 Pastor Tilson insisted that I take it, for he had promised the card owner that he would do just that.

He persisted!

 So I allowed him to place it in my hand even though I felt I was not to touch it.

The first thing that came to my mind was the card had half of it dedicated to a woman's face and the other half was typed with a ministry called after her own personal name.

 The Lord indicated to me that she was not serving Him but actually serving herself.


 She was fully into self promotion and unaware that she was destroying any anointing that her ministry could be having in the process.


Months later this woman's "track record" came to me, by the Lord, through several unrelated sources. 

She was like a spiritual "black widow."

 Using people to get what she wanted of them and discarding them after she got what she wanted from them.

We do not want to be like this, ever!

(Update: This woman today has repented and is truly desirous of serving and honoring God as a servant of Christ.) 

John the Baptist was the least and he was the greatest for it.

He must increase, but I must decrease.

The sooner we get this into our spirits the sooner we will actually grow in our gifting in the Lord Jesus Christ.

 Where in this text of scripture do we see self promotion?


 Nowhere.

What seek ye?

Some of us want to be spiritual, only so that we can bring and influence people, so that we can 'become somebody' in the eyes of others.

 What are you seeking?

 Some of us want money.

In ministry, if you work it wrong you can get lots of money, big homes, jets, fine things of life and fame.

You can get real secure in it.

 Some of us want a place to hide, in guard gated communities where the kings of the earth live.

 Some of us want a place where people do for us, where we don't have to do for ourselves.

 What are you seeking?


 Some of us are seeking for ourselves rather than the Glory of God.

 What are you seeking? 

I can go on and on.

We all have found in ourselves a little bit of each of those things, and we have to repent and seek God and say, "Please take these things out of me, Please cleanse me of these things, of this selfishness."

There is no website playground where you can dwell with Him, but His dwelling place, the holy of Holies.

 He will not dwell in your own playground.

 

 He will not, in fullness and in blessing and in all the things and the ways, dwell with you in carnality and sin, and selfishness. 


You will not be able to appreciate it and receive the full blessing of His salvation.

We are not to keep trying to get attention.

We are only to point the way to Jesus Christ.

 Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

This is the great glorious Son of God.

 This is the Messiah that has come into the world for you personally.

This one being the child of Jesse, the son of David and the lineage of Abraham.

 This is the One, this is the One!

We worship You, we adore You!

You are worthy of our praise!

You alone are worthy of all praise.

 And yet You give us gifts.

May we use our gifts wisely and not for personal material gain or recognition.

May we be servants with servant hearts that only seek to point to you and not ourselves.

We praise You!


O How We Love YOU!

We Adore YOU!

David Sloane
http://shekinahfellowship.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment