welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, January 08, 2016

Time Machine Conspiracy? Or Steam Punk Is Time Travel.

I was on one of my frequent garage sale hunts.


Always looking for the unusual item I drove down a long country road in the deep South.

 I came upon a garage sale in front of an old worn out farm house.

A friendly young man around 26 was there who was selling a lot of farm related stuff like metal milk cans, coils of barbed wire, fence post and rusty tools etc.

I got to talking with the man and soon enough learned that this was his grandfathers farm.

He had grown up helping out on the farm and spent most of his life there.

His grandfather had recently passed away and the man was helping his grandmother out by selling stuff that would no longer be needed.

Not that she needed the money, apparently his grandfather had left a very large trust fund that was more than enough money to last several life times.

I also learned that there was a whole lot more stuff he would be selling eventually that was up in the barn loft and over in the tool shed and around the farm..

I asked if it would be alright for me to take a look around the place.

He said, "Sure, help yourself."

I got excited because usually I find stuff before others get to it in these kind of circumstances.

I climbed an old creaky oak wooden ladder up into the hay loft of the barn.

I could see shafts of light through the spaces and cracks in the barn.

As my eyes adjusted to the low light conditions, after being outside in the sun, I saw a lot of things.

I walked over to a corner where there were old trunks with junk piled up on top of them.

I moved some of the stuff , coming across a bunch of those old canvas bags that you used to fill with water and hang off your front bumper while traveling across the desert.

There were old lamps, tool boxes, metal farm attachments, all covered in years of dust.

I sneezed as I brushed off the lid of the first trunk that i dug out.

I lifted the lid and saw a lot of old newspapers that looked like they had never been read.

I took out stacks of them and came across a wooden box that looked like it was polished oak.

There were brass corners screwed on it, with a copper ornate handle on top.

There was carved scroll work all over the box that was intricate in it's detail.

This was a real find I thought to myself as I lifted the somewhat heavy box out of the trunk.

I lifted the hasp of the lid and peered inside.

There was a kind of a Victorian  looking device inside of it.

It had a brown lamp cord attached to it with a plug on the end of it.

It was made out of metal with some kind of copper fins on it.

I could see a light bulb through a circular window.

The device was mounted on a block of wood.

I tucked it under my arm to take it out side and get a closer look at it in the sun light.

I and the young man checked it out.

He told me that he vaguely recalls seeing it once when he was a kid.

He told me that his grandfather would tell him to stay away from it because it was none of his business.

I then asked him to tell me about it?

He said that there wasn't much to tell.

I pressed on him to at least tell me what he could recall.

He said, "I don't know anything about it but there is something interesting that I remember hearing when I was a kid.

As we went in the house to plug the thing in he said that his grand mother knew more then he did.

She looked to be in her upper 80's.

As we plugged it in and discovered a knob on the side we were able to turn it on.

It looked like a steam punk light.

I took a video of it with my iphone.
The man's grandmother told me it belonged to her husband.

She claimed that he told her that he bought it in Turkey from a turbaned old grey haired man, when he was in the navy as a young man,

It was a "Time machine."

I laughed when she said that.

But she didn't crack a smile and remained totally serious.

I realized she was not laughing nor was the young man.

 "My husband never let me see him use the thing," she continued.

"All I know is he would show up with stuff that was one of a kind."

"He told me that the stuff was from the future that he had brought back with him."

She explained, "I never quite understood and figured that it was none of my business, so I stayed out of it."

"How did your husband make all his money that is in the trust fund," I asked her on a hunch.

"O that," she said. he invested in the stock market, he could sure pick em."

Every one of his stocks hit paydirt.

He helped out a lot of our neighbors when it came to stocks and what crops to plant and when.

He was real smart and people relied on his advice.

I asked if there was any more information about the thing.

She said that there was one very curious thing.

As her husbands health was failing and he had to be confined to his bed, he told her an interesting story a few days before he had passed on.

He told he that he was going to prove that he had been to the future.

He told her to go to a certain video on Youtube and to check out the video at the 2minute and fifty three second mark.

She did and she saw him in it.

He was videoing a fight with an iphone.

Now nothing strange about that except it was a fight that took place in 1995, years before the iphone had been invented!

The iphone couldn't be in a 1995 video.

Not an iphone. They came out only in June 29, 2007.
http://time.com/2934526/apple-iphone-timeline/
Not an Android.
They made their first appearance in October 2008.
http://faqoid.com/advisor/android-versions.php

But there it was in a 1995 video.

Here check it out for yourself at 2:53 second mark...

This fight did indeed take place in 1995.

The grandfather also said to watch this video because he said he was there with the stone carver and influenced him to include this in his work as proof that he had indeed been there..

He told how he had loaned the time machine to his sister.

She discovered that her cell phone still worked across time!



So I negotiated a price of a $1000.00

For the device.

The grandmother told me she was glad to be rid of the thing.

Her husband was always excited, telling her about fantastic stuff he had seen in the future.

He said he could only bring small stuff back from the future..

Mostly information.

All of this took place about ten years ago.

I have turned the thing on numerous times, sometimes days on end and still can't figure it out.

It cast a warm glow and there is somekind of a meter spinning inside but I have yet to see the future.

I am tired of the thing and would be willing to sell it for $600.00 or best offer to any interested parties
http://www.zmescience.com/other/feature-post/the-240-year-old-beautiful-ancestor-of-the-moderen-computer/


 ***

Innovation travels from early adopters to mainstream consumers slowly. 


The first fully functional digital computer, the ENIAC, was invented in 1946, but it wasn’t until 1975 that Ed Roberts introduced the first personal computer the Altair 8800.

Think touch screen tech is a new thing?

 The first touch screen was invented by E.A. Johnson at the Royal Radar Establishment, Malvern, UK, around 1965 – 1967.

In the 80s and 90s some companies like Hewlett-Packard or Microsoft introduced several touch screen products with modest commercial success.

 It wasn’t until 2007 when Apple released the first iPhone that touch screen really became popular and accessible.

The list could go on.

 The point I’m trying to make is that all the exciting stuff we’re seeing coming out of cutting-edge labs around the world will take time until they mature and become truly integrated in society.

 It’s the bubble stage, and for some the bubble will pop and the tech won’t survive.

 Other inventions and research might re-surface many decades from now.

 So, what’s the future going to look like ten years from now?

 What’s the next big thing?

It’s my personal opinion that given the current pace of technological advancement, this sort of estimates are very difficult if not impossible to make.

 As such, here are just a few of my guesses as to what technology – some new, other improved versions of what’s already mainstream today – will become an integral part of society in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment