welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, December 28, 2015

You Are Where You Are At With The Lord Because You Put Youself There.

To Believe and Receive or Doubt (Gr:Apistia) and Reject?

I just typed a post on one of the blogs that I like to visit frequently that I want to share with you. I think that it speaks to all of us Christians.


***


"J.U.,

You may like a book that has been revised and updated by Josh Mcdowell. It is called The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict.


This book is incredible in it’s research and support of the evidence for the authenticity of the Bible being the Word of Almighty God.

I once had a conversation with Oden Fong, a Bible teacher and a personal friend i highly respect, about ‘hearing from God.’

He told me, “David I listen to everyone because I have found that God will unexpectedly speak to me through both small and great. And I do not even want to miss it.”

There are those that God will use to speak through to us directly at times.

 I like to call it the ‘high lighting’ of the Holy Spirit. 

One of the languages of God is this high lighting for me personally.

For instance, one day my son and i were talking together while driving in my vehicle. 

We had just mentioned a biblical topic when my son excitedly exclaims, “Dad look” as he pointed at the license plate frame of the car in front of us as we pulling up to it at a traffic light. 

It was a Bible scripture that perfectly fit into our conversation.

 As if God were putting His stamp of approval on our conversation and confirming what we were discussing.

The license plate frame was ‘high lighted’ pointed out by the Holy Spirit to us.

Then a day or two later I turn on my radio and low and behold the voice on the radio is teaching on the very topic my son and i had been discussing earlier .

The school of the Holy Spirit?

Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward.
Matthew 10:41

What could possibly be the reward of a prophet if I receive him as such?

Well for one thing a prophet speaks forth the mind and heart of God to us, that is if we do not reject him in doubt but receive him in faith.

Recall:

And he did not do many miracles there because of their lack of faith (or unbelief).Matthew 13:58

Here Jesus is in their midst, but he couldn’t give out what he was capable of bringing to the table because they doubted him.

When i receive a prophet, one who is capable of sharing the mind and heart of God with me, then I get the reward of what he is capable of bringing to me. 

And when i reject a prophet in unbelief and doubt, then I rob myself of what I could have had from the Lord through his ministry.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.


“God hath set.”

There really are people in our midst who are prophets who we can get communication from God through, that is if we are able to receive them.

Unfortunately it has been my own personal experience that the church does not want them around.

 The church only accepts pastors and teachers and evangelist period.

Even in this place I have read things from some that indicate a closed mind to what i am sharing with you now. 

Those people will never get a prophets reward because of their own “apisita” unbelief and doubt.

Oden Fong told me that at times God has spoken to him through the most unlikely sources.

 He never discounts anyone.

 He weighs in the balance what is said, ever alert to the eventual “high lighting” of the Holy Spirit alerting him that God is in it.

The problems that have arisen from some who proclaim that they are prophets or prophetic when they are certainly not is very messy.

 So understandably pastors and Church leadership gets jaded and wants nothing to do with such things.

 And eventually throws the baby out with the bath water.

J.U., I certainly hope you would be able to open up to what i am attempting to share with you.

 Ask God to illuminate these things and bring along more information to you on this wonderful experience of having God speak His mind and thoughts through another human being directly to you.

But we all set the pace, if we reject we get nothing, if we receive in our hearts we will indeed get the reward for having done as such.

After all, how this is rejected or received determines the outcome doesn't it?"

David
 http://shekinahfellowship.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment