welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, October 30, 2015

Sara Schaefer Shares some Of Her Life And Her Hipster Jesus In A Letter To Him

Recently, I stumbled upon a hipster Christian Instagram account.

 I was mesmerized by it. Beautiful pictures, beautiful people, just trying to live #ThatAuthenticLife in autumnal settings.


 Attached to each picture were little messages of inspiration that felt so familiar to me, like tasting something that reminds you of your mom’s cooking.

But then, one day, this account posted a picture of a fetus, with a graphic, wrathful caption about abortion.

Sigh.

 I unfollowed them in defeat.

 When I tweeted in support of Planned Parenthood and the #ShoutYourAbortion hashtag, I was heartbroken by the cruel, idiotic responses I got from so-called Christians.

All these people, claiming to know you, claiming to know me, claiming to know what’s right for everyone else. 

So violent, so judgmental, so misogynistic. So afraid...

No comments:

Post a Comment