welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, April 05, 2015

For He Has Risen From The Dead!

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men. The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you.' Matthew 28:2-7 NIV

The above photo is of an uncompleted Easter Morning painting that Lonnie Frisbee never got around to finishing. The original is faded and washed out. I have changed it a bit with Photoshop for the image that I used with this post.

Stan Frisbee graciously gifted me with all of Lonnie's paintings that remained after Lonnie passed on to his reward. The paintings were faded and aged after years of being in storage. So I enhanced this one with my computer.

Since I love to paint I restored the 'Moses' painting to the left that Lonnie painted where the baby Moses is discovered in a basket. After enjoying some time with Lonnie's wonderful work I then returned it to Stan Frisbee and family.
Lonnie used some gold leafing in this one, which gave it a royal quality that brings out the magnificence of the moment being depicted. I think that this painting is my favorite out of all Lonnie's paintings.

A trillion years from now the Resurrection of Christ from the dead will remain the central point of eternity for me. Agnus Dei! He is risen!

Alleluia, Alleluia
For the lord God Almighty reigns Alleluia,
AlleluiaFor the Lord God Almighty reigns Alleluia Holy,
Holy are you Lord God AlmightyWorthy is the lamb Worthy is the lambYou are Holy,
Holy are you Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the lamb
Worthy is the lamb
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment