welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, November 17, 2013

The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power....

Reader, please pray as you read this.

 We sometimes become so accustomed to the things of God, that they will often go right over our heads if we let them, but each and every truth concerning our Lord has eternity written all over it, doesn't it?

 In the Psalms, you'll see the periodic word, "SELAH", or, 'pause and think on this'. We sometimes just fly through God's Word, when I believe He would tell us at times, "Pause, and think on this". I pray that you will prayerfully think on this message.....

 I love so many of the old hymns simply because they are (for the most part) loaded with spiritual reality and theological correctness. I recently listened again to the words of the Hymn, "The Blood Will Never Lose Its Power", and was suddenly arrested with the awareness of the eternal depth of this beautiful song.

 Just listen- "The Blood that gives me strength from day to day- it will never lose its power". What is it that gives the believer strength? The fact that Christ's blood was shed for us, and that means that we are HIS, and THAT means that wherever we go, He goes.

 This is not merely a nice thought, it is truth. His precious blood bought our eternal salvation, and it will never fade, never flag, never ever lose its power! Are you grasping this? How can we help but sing His praises as we ponder these things?

 David said, "Whither shall I go from Thy Spirit? or whither shall I flee from Thy presence? If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there. If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me (Psalm 139:7-10) " ...The hymn goes on..."It reaches to the highest mountain, it flows to the lowest valley- the blood that gives me strength from day to day- it will never lose its power".

 In John chapter 6, after Jesus tells His disciples that no one can come to Him, "except it were given unto him of My Father", and many "walked no more with Him", He asks the twelve, "Will ye also go away?" And what is Peter's response? "Lord, to whom shall we go? THOU HAST THE WORDS OF ETERNAL LIFE (read John 6:64-68)." "Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89).....

Just listen to these words, ETERNAL, FOREVER, SETTLED. These are words that describe God's actions toward us! And how about the word, "NEVER"? "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee (Hebrews 13:5)".....

 How far, how deep, how wide does the love of God reach? Beloved, the blood will never lose its power.

Selah.

 En Agape,
 Jim Ewing

No comments:

Post a Comment