welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Naughty Or Nice?

The other day my wife and I were watching our window to the world, our TV. There was a commercial that came on where the announcer was telling us that the "Season of Sharing" was upon us once again. It had all of the visuals that I recall seeing as a kid for Christmas oriented commercials but no mention of Christmas what so ever.

They are getting so clever at having Christmas without alluding to it.  "Happy holidays," "Merry Season Of Giving" and (fill in the blank).

Here is one fellows observations. 
And here is another fellows.

I was just sent an email of the current battle lines.

I find myself going the extra mile during Christmas and using the phrase 'Merry Christmas' a lot during this upcoming time of the year. And if anyone says it to me, I look them straight in the eyes and I tell them, "Thank you for saying that to me, I receive it joyfully."

Ya, I do react to this subtle war "to get Christianity and spirituality and Judaism out of the public square."

I grew up with Christmas and I made darn sure that my son did also as do his kids. I will not be doing any business with a company that goes out of its way to eliminate Christmas if I can help it.

What do you think? How do you react to this war on Christmas?

At least one person understands 
and loves America.

Ok we have not even celebrated Thanks Giving. But the retailers are already going for the "Season of giving" buck to be made.

As I sit back, having thanked Almighty God for this great country next Thursday, I will be thinking deeply upon these things once again.

Merry Christmas
David Sloane

No comments:

Post a Comment