welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

People are really confused and biased towards their flavor of prefrence

One Very Fine Fellow Came up with this...

I persevered and this is what I came up with…and it makes little sense.

I estimated my income at $25,000.00 a year and came up with a plan that would have reasonable coverage with a $750.00 dollar deductible which would cost $434.00 a month with a $226.00 subsidy.

There were 19 plans offered and similar plans with much higher deductibles cost as much as 750.00 a month.

When I estimated my income at $30,000.00 a year, the subsidy went down to $150.00 a month…but I had a choice of 53 plans with better coverage and deductibles.

No “gold level” plans were offered at the $25,000.00 level while at $30,000.00 there were many and just a few dollars more than the “silver level” plans.

The average deductible was about $2500.000…which for  low income folks might as well be $25,000.00.

The bottom line is that I’ll be paying about the same as I was under group health insurance when I was working.

The plans can vary widely in price, but not in services, so great care should be taken when choosing a plan.

At this point, I do not see how this helps the unemployed or the working poor.






“We’re not going to be disrespected,” conservative Rep. Marlin Stutzman, R-Ind., [told the Washington Examiner]. “We have to get something out of this. And I don’t know what that even is.”

"And I don’t know what that even is."
On the one hand, you could say it's just a throwaway line. Representatives say empty, tired things every day.

But quotes have a life of their own, and this one is already being hailed online as the perfect embodiment of the GOP's bargaining position: Equal parts resolution and deep confusion. Forty-eight hours into the shutdown negotiations, one Republican stalwart's official position is that he no longer has any idea what he's negotiating for.

The disrespect sentiment echoes vintage Newt Gingrich, who famously bragged in 1995 to have shut down the government partly because President Clinton forced him to sit in the back of Air Force One on a trip to Yitzhak Rabin’s funeral. “It’s petty,” Gingrich said then, “but I think it’s human.”

Thursday is day three of the shutdown. Something will end the stalemate. Who knows what that even is.





No comments:

Post a Comment