welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, July 12, 2013

Maui Is The Best (ONO) Maui no ka oi

"Here today gone to Maui"


After much pressure from my wife I finally gave in and now as a result am relaxing on Kaanapali beach in Maui. What an ugly place with it's azure warm blue water. The noisy tropical birds chirping everywhere. Soft traditional Hawaiian music in the background. Had breakfast and "Broke da mouth" as the locals would say.

Wish you were here...LOL! Love it...

Tourism is one of the main sources of income for this island...Aloha!



Ok...these are not the best pictures, but you get an idea of the place I am staying at. Today I am going to drive around a bit and later I will update some more pictures for you to enjoy.

Dave

Todays journey took us by some secluded spots that mostly the locals know about. 
We met Calvin.


We were Hokupuni (Rock Prayer) beach where you can set up tents and campout. As I was standing there suddenly Calvin was there next to me from out of nowhere! He was super friendly and said, "Welcome back home." The Aloha was sincere and genuine coming from him. 

He was very concerned because some locals were setting out fish net with to small of an "Eye." The illegal net was designed to catch even the baby fish. He wanted me to send some picture proof to the local The Hawaii Department of agriculture and fisheries for him. (I had my cam with me as always.)

I think Calvin lives in this tent...
The ocean is crystal blue here
Time to go for a swim. The water is very warm. I just spotted a pod of dolphins in a feeding frenzy outside my Maui cottage window. 
I found that floating in the middle of the Pacific ocean on Maui to be very therapeutic and super relaxing. I floated for hours on my back in the warm crystal blue ocean. If ever you want some place to visit that is truly paradise, this is it!
 My wife and I were so blessed that we are already thinking about making plans to return soon. I have never seen ocean water so pure and clean. The blues were incredible.








No comments:

Post a Comment