welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Monday, November 19, 2012

God's Word






As a Christian painter, naturally I would want to paint God creating Adam. And I did.

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11
Sure I can paint pictures of God all that I want. No matter how good of a painting that I create, it can never do what sharing from God's Word can do.

Hebrews 4:12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

How many times are we guilty of trying to use our natural talents to do what only the Word of God can do? Have you ever found yourself trying to witness to others and you get frustrated, not knowing exactly what to say or how to approach the other person? So you don't even try.

Years ago I found that if I would just be honest and up front, I would see the desired results in my witnessing to others. I stopped trying to figure out what to say. I just would tell the person that I was a Christian and that I wanted to share Jesus Christ with them. And then I would ask them if they minded if I shared from the Word of God. Not once did anyone forbid me.

So I would read from the Word of God the scriptures that pertained to man's sinfulness and his need of the Savior Jesus. After reading through the path of salvation I would then ask them if they were ready to invite Christ into their life. Almost always they were ready. The power of God's Word is very real and very active.

1 Peter 4:11If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

When you are reading from the Word of God to others, keep it in mind that you are an 'oracle' of God. His spokesman to that person. Have confidence in His words as you read them, knowing that they are a Living Word. Words that are fully able to do what we of our own selves are incapable of doing.

We can talk about God and Jesus all that we want to. It is only the Word of God that will deeply penetrate into the core of a person. And it is only the Holy Spirit that can convict and convince anyone of sin and their need of the Savior. We might convince someone that they are wrong, but we of our own selves can never convince someone of sin.

When we try to do the work of God's Word or the work of the Holy Spirit, we are blowing it big time. Why not let the Word of God, coupled with the Holy Spirit do what only they can do.

Give up the frustration of trying to be skilled and what ever we think we have to be to do the work of witnessing and let the Word of God and the Holy Spirit do it all. Just be real and identify who you are and what you want to do. So simple that children have done it.

The more that you do this and see the fruit of it, the more you desire to do it. Lonnie Frisbee was obsessed with witnessing on the streets because he told me, "I am good at it." He used the Living Word of God. He always would start out by quoting Jesus, "Jesus said" and then he would tell what Jesus had said.

Evangelism is not something you will be able to do in heaven. Only now, while you are on this side of heaven can you do it. If you have not done this before, at first it is ackward and somewhat intimidating. But as you continue in your honesty and usage of God's Word, you will start to see the fruit and when you do, it will inspire you to continue.

Proverbs 11:30The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

Philippians 2:16Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

James 5:20Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

Pray, asking God to lead you to those whom He would have you to share His Word with. Then go out with a sensitivity to the leading of the Holy Spirit, expecting a 'divine~appointment.'

Isaiah 43:10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen...

God Himself says to you and I:

Isaiah 44:8Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

We have the truth. We know that there is only the one God in whom there are three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

They will back us up as we go forth to share the Word of God with others. If you are not doing this, then you are missing out on one of the most powerful and exciting experiences we Christians can have.

David Sloane

No comments:

Post a Comment