welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, October 17, 2010

When Steven Spielberg called and said, "I've got this interesting screenplay," Clint Eastwood, who hears this about as often as "hello," agreed to take a look. A few pages into Peter Morgan's script about the reluctant psychic and the survivor of a tsunami, Eastwood found himself "rooting for these characters."
Given his film's subject matter, you have to ask: Does he believe in life after death?
"I don't know," he says in a whisper less gravelly in life than on screen. "I guess I'm agnostic on the subject.

"But even if I don't believe in a hereafter, I believed during the course of making the film," he muses. The undogmatic Protestant who played angels of death in "Pale Rider" and "Unforgiven" says, "I don't see God as a sadist who wants to punish us for doing wrong," he says. "If I have any strong spiritual feelings, it's that you are meant to do your best with your life while you're here."
Read more:
 http://www.bellinghamherald.com/2010/10/17/1673078/gold-standard-clint-eastwood-delivers.html#ixzz12cBHQ6h8

No comments:

Post a Comment