welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Saturday, July 31, 2010

We had breakfast today with a very nice Christian woman. The topic of spiritual gifts came up and it became apparent to me that the gifts were not active in her Christian world view. I left some what frustrated.

I run across different Christians in my daily walk and after a few minutes with them can sometimes get a picture of their belief structure. One guy a few days ago served a mechanistic God. He was not truly in a father son relationship with God in his Christian world view. More of a rule following relationship with not much personal autonomy allowed. One thing this fella said to me, "I don't think that we can ask God for something."

Anyway...

Here is a good starting place for anyone who believes that the gifits of the Holy Spirit are not for today:
http://www.jimfeeney.org/giftsofholyspirit.html
And here is one man's story of his expeirence in discovery of the Gifts and the fruit of it...
http://phoenixpreacher.net/?p=2698#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment