welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Sunday, January 24, 2010


Who Do You Trust?

As I got up early this morning, seeking what to post today, I believe that I was lead to this theme,"Who do you trust?"

What leaders in the church do you still look to as examples of people that you would follow as they follow Christ…because you believe they really are following Christ?

“And now, behold, I know that none of you among whom I have gone about proclaiming the kingdom will see my face again.Therefore I testify to you this day that I am innocent of the blood of all of you, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God.Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood.I know that after my departure fierce wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them.Therefore be alert, remembering that for three years I did not cease night or day to admonish everyone with tears”(Acts 20:25–32 ESV)

There have always been wolves among us and always will be until Jesus returns. Make that 'fierce wolves.'

Matthew 7:15[ A Tree and Its Fruit ] "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 10:16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.

Luke 10:3Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves.

Acts 20:29I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock.

Pastor Chuck Smith made an appearance at Calvary Chapel Costa Mesa last Sunday and led a rousing version of "Great Is Thy Faithfulness". He looked strong and appeared to be recovering well.

The fruit from this tree has been consistently good in comparison to the fruit of other trees. This man of God has taught so many to know the Word of God and to love Jesus. He ushered in the greatest spiritual revival of the 20th century in America. I trust him. Not as an ordinary man. But as a man of God. Like all of us, he has had his moments. But over all he is running the race in exemplary fashion. I trust him.

There are others that I don't trust.
For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes.Luke 6:44

Who do you trust?

Can we trust everyone in ministry?

Beating Up a Straw Man to Claim There is No Hell
Here's a nifty trick used by almost ALL false teachers. Ignore the clear teaching of the Bible and build a straw man argument based upon a distorted view of the evidence (in this case via suppression of clear Biblical data). Then beat up on the straw man that you've constructed (that shouldn't be because hard straw men don't fight back). Once the straw man is good and dead then assert your own position as if it were the truth.
That's precisely what's happening in this video put out by the "New Covenant Group" that claims there is no hell. Pay REAL CLOSE attention to the fact that NONE of the passages where Jesus teaches the doctrines of God's wrath and eternal punishment are discussed. Instead, there is only an appeal to an artificially constructed Jesus that was built using only partial data and warped human reasoning.


"Then [Jesus] will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” (Matthew 25:41–46)

Who do you trust?

Exploiting The World's Poor With the Prosperity Heresy...




The Prosperity Gospel from The Global Conversation on Vimeo.




OOO


ooo
Is Jesus Back Walking the Earth And Making Statements?
The voice in this video claims to be Jesus Christ himself.

The REAL Jesus, the Biblical Jesus warned us that this would happen.

Luke 21:8 And he said, “See that you are not led astray. For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am he!’ and, ‘The time is at hand!’ Do not go after them.




A CA Christian in Santa Monica




Church authorities not to discipline Dutch 'atheist' pastor

Utrecht, Netherlands (ENI). Two regional church authorities in the Netherlands are reported to have decided to take no disciplinary action against a self-proclaimed atheist pastor, Klaas Hendrikse.

The decision of the authorities in the southern Dutch province of Zeeland was published in a letter to their congregations, the Protestant daily newspaper the Nederlands Dagblad reported on 24 March.

The church authorities said disciplinary proceedings against Hendrikse, who is a pastor of the Protestant Church in the Netherlands, would be likely to lead to, 'a protracted discussion about the meanings of words that in the end will produce little clarity'. The letter also noted that people have debated the issue of 'God's existence' throughout time.

Hendrikse gained attention with his book published in November 2007, in which he said that it was not necessary to believe in God's existence in order to believe in 'God'. The Dutch title of the book translates as, 'Believing in a God who does not exist: manifesto of an atheist pastor'.

In his book, Hendrikse recounts how his conviction that God does not exist has become stronger over the years.

'The non-existence of God is for me not an obstacle but a precondition to believing in God. I am an atheist believer,' Hendrikse writes in the book. 'God is for me not a being but a word for what can happen between people. Someone says to you, for example, 'I will not abandon you', and then makes those words come true. It would be perfectly alright to call that [relationship] God.' "
http://www.eni.ch/featured/article.php?id=2861


Who do you trust?

Here is a story of a group in Nigeria that is blending Christianity and Islam. They call it Chrislam.

The Gospel-less Gospel Presentation
Not too long ago Christians used the "4 Spiritual Laws" to explain the Christian faith. Today we now have an Emergent influenced witnessing tool that utilizes 4 circles to try to explain the Christian faith (this 4 circles presentation is all the rage among college students). The big problem with this new tool is that it completely misses the point about Biblical Christianity and sinful man's need for a savior and Christ's death on the cross for the sins of the world. Instead, this is some squishy eco-friendly Jesus presentation where you can choose to make Jesus the leader of your life so that He can work through you to bring healing and restoration to the world.

Here is a You Tube video of this new Emergent Gospel-less Gospel presentation:


Who do you trust?
2 Samuel 22:3The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.

2 Samuel 22:31As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.

We trust Jesus.
Psalm 2:12Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Psalm 5:11But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.

Psalm 7:1O LORD my God, in thee do I put my trust.

Psalm 18:30As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Psalm 20:7Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

Psalm 37:3Trust in the LORD