welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Amazing

I am totally amazed that anyone would seek to dissect us here. But that is exactly what one blogger on the net does every now and then. I just came across his site again while looking for pictures of Brant Baker through Google 'image.'

All of us here are actually no one of interest. Those of us who work have simple jobs of low profile, no education needed to do what we do. No masters degree.

No one here has received even a penny or asked for one for that matter. No Paypal account. No ads. In fact this site is free thanks to the generosity of Google. And as everyone knows we have never used this platform to gather any of you to us anywhere. Sure we gather with others but you wouldn't know it.

No one here that I know is trying to get into a high profile position in the body of Christ. In fact you would have a hard time locating any of us. We don't even see each other much, except perhaps once a year.

And yet this little fellow really has it in for us. He spends a lot of time and energy going after us. I think he is proud of it in a warped sense

As if we were more then what we are.

I paint stuff, then I go home and I garden, then I may or may not do something here, depending on my mood. Haven't been into it of late.

And of course there are those tremendous divine appointments that take place unexpected. I guess my calling, or office if you will, is prophetic in nature. I just love 'divine appointments.'

Got a moment? Let me explain...

Just the other day I was coming back from the paint store to the place where I was doing some painting. I usually park close to the place where I am painting, but for some reason I parked in the back section of the parking lot.

As I was pulling into a parking slot, I wondered to myself, "Why in the world am I parking here?"

I then got out of my truck and my phone rang. It was pastor Tilson. He wanted to talk about praying for the sick. So we talked at some length on the topic. I then concluded the call and went over to my truck to get the gallon of paint that I had just bought.

As I started to walk toward the job a barefooted tall man approached me with a note in his hand. "Is this David Sloane's truck? Is he here, O I am talking to David Sloane."

I thought he was just another unemployed guy looking for a job. Which happens quite often these days. So I was ready to streamline it and tell him I don't hire anyone, I work alone etc...

Turns out he was an old acquaintance from about 30 something years ago. As I looked at him I started to realize that he had been through some really hard times. Can't say if it was revelatory knowledge or just a hunch, but I just knew it.

After some small talk, he pointed off in a direction and indicated that his wife was over there. So we walked over to where she was. Since I had known both of them from the past we chatted a bit about the old days. Then his wife revealed that he had a brain tumor and about five operations. So naturally I wanted to pray over him and said so.

Well...as I started to pray...I held a quick conversation internally with God while voicing an opening prayer audibly. Kind of buying some time as I internally talked with God. I think it went something like this, "Jesus, this man and wife have suffered so much they really need a Word from the Lord, I am here and available."

Well something in me made me jump out of my own estimation of myself. That is the best way that I can put it. You know we limit our selves to what we think about our selves. But God thinks diffrently about us.

All of this was taking place in split nanosecond timing as only the Master Creator can do.

I did what I would call 'priming~the~pump.' I started to speak out in faith what I felt God was saying. Now I usually stay on the safe side of things by saying, "I believe that the Lord would say to you" instead of the more bold "thus saith the Lord."

Anyway I started to prophesy over the man and as I stepped out in faith the words just seemed to flow effortlessly into my mind and I spoke them forth. In my spiritual awareness I realized an envelope spiritually formed around the three of us covering us deeply in the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ. There was no mistaking it, the power and presence were overwhelmingly real.

All of us started to cry. I always cry when God Almighty shows up...always...

Then it was finished and a deep sense of peace filled all of us, they were encouraged. I said good by and went to work.

As I was painting, I marveled at how the goodness of God orchestrated what had just transpired. I knew that I knew that I had nothing to do with it...NOTHING!

I was very aware that there was nothing in me that felt special or unique and knew that God had done some work in my soul to get me to be like this. I sure didn't do it. I am very happy to just be a man who paints. No need to be anybody or do anything but paint.

A few days later I spotted the man and his wife again. So I went over to talk to them. Turns out that, she revealed, the prophesy contained stuff that was pin point accurate. Stuff that I would never have any way of knowing. That is God. Not me.

The fact that God can take this dust of the earth and get it where He needs it and use it to help others to hear from Him astounds me!

Now back to the little fellow.

I and pastor Tilson like to meet with people who connect with us in email. So this little fellow wants to meet with us. We arrange a date, time and place.

He shows up with his family. His family seems very pleased to meet with us but he quickly seemed bored and ready to leave. Nothing spiritual takes place...nothing.

Which I found to be very odd since something usually happens when we meet with others. I will say that I found his family to be truly wonderful and enjoyable. But he was very reserved and there didn't seem to be much connection between he, Tilson or I.

As time went by I began to realize he only wanted to meet with us to find perhaps some kind of flaw to write about. And so he continues to seek out the flaw...poor little man...doesn't he know that we are but dust of the earth.

If any good thing comes from us, it has to be the Lord.

Romans 7:18For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

Deuteronomy 26:11And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee, and unto thine house, thou, and the Levite, and the stranger that is among you.

Philemon 1:6That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

ALWAYS a blessing in the highways and byways of life. I just love it when God weaves His divine appointments and brings all participants together in His perfect timing and way.

None of us can ever do this. But He who loves us all surely can and does.

This couple went from prosperity to poverty, living in a garage and battling cancer. No one seemed to care much and they felt like they were all alone. Then the God of the universe brings some dust to them to use as His voice to them. WOW!

Yes there were tears. Yes it was a big miracle! And yes it was all Him. And we all knew it.

I got to witness God Almighty speaking directly to hearts as only He can. It was powerful. It was revealing. And it was not organized by a committee that has no clue to true spirituality.

Proverbs 25:11A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

These people desperately needed a Word from God! And God knew it.

Proverbs 29:18Where there is no vision, the people perish...
Did God get a well known big name pastor to move through? Would a well known big name pastor even respond to the call? Could a well known big name pastor even hear God anymore?

Who knows? God knows!

God uses any nearby yielded vessel. He is not looking for vessels of Gold or silver, He is looking for yielded vessels.

Little man get your head out of the sand. There is nothing here but dirt, yielded dirt. Dirt that you desire to keep from the Masters usage if you could. (Sung to an old Beatles tune)

I sure would not want to be in your shoes...something about 'no~harm'...got to look that up in my concordance.

Dust particle\ David Sloane