welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Friday, August 01, 2008

Going To War For Pastor John Duncan


Came across this on Phoenix Preacher today:

Our beloved DMW, Pastor John Duncan, has had his life turned upside down yet again, this time by a car dealership without character or integrity.
We're going to do everything we can to remedy that.
Here's the statement from Pastor John:

"I purchased from Toyota of Temecula on June 12th of this year.

I will restate the facts once more. On June 13th, when I had owned the car for only one day and took it out for the first time, the car overheated heating coil blew out, causing hot fluid to spew out on my bare foot and the air conditioning stopped working. I will state again that the car was in my possession for less than 24 hours at that point, and had registered just 42 miles.

I immediately informed the Toyota dealership that the car was unreliable and I wanted it replaced with a new car. They came and towed the Matrix back to the dealership, where it remained for 27 days before it was "repaired" and returned to me. The repair was faulty. It has since been back in the shop several times for various problems relating to the first breakdown.

The burned foot caused financial upheaval for me, because I am the sole caregiver for my wife, who is bedridden with Multiple Sclerosis, and am also trying to recover from severe heart failure, which occurred last fall. My doctor ordered me to stop caregiver duties immediately, because I could not bend the foot without risking breaking the skin. I was informed that due to my limited circulation, an infection in the foot could be very serious. With no other choice, I had to spend my own savings to hire round-the-clock care for my wife. This continued for the three weeks that I was ordered to stayoff the foot and cost me several thousand dollars. I had been working hard on my cardiac rehab program set by my cardiologist, and was up to walking over 3 miles in an hour, but after three weeks on no exercise, I have suffered a set back and I am down to less that 2 mile in an hour now.

It is clear that Toyota is responsible for this chain of events. No one else is to blame. I have repeatedly asked for a different car, and the response I have received is that "it’s my car and my problem and I can take it up with Toyota."

The car has now been in the shop and out of service for well over the 30 days required by California law before it can be declared a lemon. Even after it was past to point of being a legal lemon the Matrix in question had an intermittent (unpredictable) overheating problem. Toyota could not get it to overheat when they had it in the shop, so they returned it to me with instructions (which I still have on a voicemail) to drive the car to them the next time it overheated. When it happened again, I tried to drive the overheated car from Lake Elsinore to Temecula a distance of about 20 mile however, the car only made it a few miles before starting to lurch and jerk back and forth. The "check engine" light came on and the air conditioner quit working. I was still only a few miles from home, and being that I have severe heart failure and could not risk being exposed to the heat, I drove it back home. They came again and have now towed the Matrix back into the shop. I don't believe they will be able to repair it this time, being that it is already a legal lemon, but they still will not give me my money back, or a new car or make a suitable offer for the medical expenses I incurred from this incident.

If you would could you please email Mr. Don Atwood, the owner to Toyota of Temecula and tell in politely how you feel about this, and how it makes you feel about Toyota USA."

email to datwood@toyotas4u.com
Shoot Mr. Atwood a polite email, folks.

If you have a blog, please post this letter.
If you know anyone at Toyota, show them this letter.

We're going to stand with the man who stood with us and Toyota needs to know that John has a very big, loving family.

No comments:

Post a Comment