welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ya...Right...


"He went on to suggest, as he did in answer to other questions, that voters should simply trust him."

Neither the White House nor Congress is rushing to hit the oil industry in the pocketbook.

Read this link before clicking it:


Never before has the price of gas increased between each fill up. One day I pay $3.97 then a few days later I pay $4.25. And it just keeps on going up. It is being speculated that by summers end we will see $6.00 a gallon average.

I have to laugh. Way back in 73' all of us were doing the 'odd even' gas line dance and complaining about it. The price of gas back then? 43 cents a gallon. Supposedly there was a gas shortage and supplies were running out. Now in 2008 we are once again in gas crisis.

When I was a kid my mom would 'shop' gas stations to see if she could find one that was 29 cents a gallon. They would fill her tank, check her oil and tire pressure, wash her windows and give her a case of drinking glasses along with 'Blue chip' or 'Green' stamps which were redeemable for merchandise.

Today I pay $4.49 a gallon, fill my own tank, check my own oil, check my tire pressure, wash my windows and get nothing in the way of freebies. Things were much better for the motorist in my mom's day.
Found on the net:

"Bush has had unbelievable success using his "sheer force of personality." We've won the Iraq war, the economy is roaring, people believe in their government again, we have stopped deficit spending, nations the world over trust us again, we are treating people humanely in other nations, those working with him are not profitting on his major war decisions, he responds quickly and authoritatively to national emergencies, freedom has never been greater, he sees the big picture, social security is funded now better than ever, and finally, (I could go on and on) we are closer than ever to being less dependent on foreign oil. Wow! What a great eight years! W's personality really has paid dividends!"
The Panic Of '08 - Oil

No comments:

Post a Comment