welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Welcome to Audio Bible,


Back In the forties Alexander Scourby recorded the very first narration of the Bible. It was produced by The American Foundation For The Blind and distributed by The American Bible Society as The Talking Bible. The Logo on the records read "God's Word for a new age". Fifty years have passed and I would like to present to you "God's Word for this new age." The oldest Book in the world is now available in multimedia. Instead of 67 wax records running at 16 2/3 Rpm speed it now fits onto one CD-ROM disk. Yes with Audio Bible you can listen to all 72 hours of audio without flipping a record or tape. You may ask yourself, why you need Audio Bible? One of my friends made the point clear to me. He asked me, "tell me of one thing your father ever wrote to you?" My mind went blank. After a few seconds he said, "now tell me things your father told you?" My mind began to fill with memories and his point was made. We remember better if we hear it and best if we read along with what we hear. This is what Audio Bible is all about. For centuries the Bible was read aloud, even when in private, remember the story of Philip and the Eunuch?
ACTS 8:30 And Philip ran thither to [him], and heard him read the prophet Esaias.

No comments:

Post a Comment