welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Joan speaks up


Hi David,

Try as I might, I am unable to post at your site. Every time I hit "Comments" my screen freezers! Once again, I am sending it via you.

Response to: Words From The Man Of God

I can stands so much but I can't stands no more!!! Yes, I realize I am dating myself with that statement but if Popeye was a real man, I would be able to tell him that I totally understood the frustration he felt when he said them! Reading this post and the responses that came with it just broke my heart. What is going on here??? That the administrator even brought it forth boggles my mind. David, I love you like a brother and I esteem your walk with the Lord highly and respect you for it. I have seen your pain and unbelief of man's attitude towards a wonderful man of God who walked in His power and might but who was rejected and almost erased from the very church he founded. You have even shared here about this, trying to bring those who were partakers of his ministry to speak forth. There is no doubt that slander and unforgiveness was waged against this man because of weakness in his life. You know the shame and wrong that was in their actions in doing so for it is not their right to judge. The Word already judges them - and it judges us. No one escapes. Nothing is hidden from God.

Please remember when Jesus turned the tables over in the temple it was because the moneychangers were selling doves and animals for sacrifice. Jesus knew these men's hearts were not right, selling that which was needed for the ritual of the law but being themselves. Jesus was showing that a new order was coming to God's people. It was prophetic of the cleaning of the temple and forgiveness of sin could not be bought or acquired through man but only through Him. Where do we put a limit on what is 'freely given" and thus should not be sold. Does not every good gift proceed down from the Father of Lights? Thus should no singers sell records for their singing is a gift from God? Or an artist, should they not present the work of their craft for sale becasue it is a God given gift? What if the gift that is given from God is also their profession and calling. Should they not earn a living from it? 1 Timothy 5:18 says, “


You specifically spoke of the Elijah List. Now, I have my own problems with all the advertisements that takes place through this list but rather than speak against my brother, the Holy Spirit has placed it upon my heart to pray for him, that he would not turn his heart from the Lord in all of his doings and get caught up in worldly gain (then again, I do not know where all this money goes- maybe to reach more people for Christ, prayerfully so). I have partaken of the fruit that has come forth from the Elijah list and from the postings that are mailed out, free of charge to my email account. The Lord has used many of these postings to bring confirmation to that which He has spoken to my spirit or to bring encouragement in a time of great need. That is such a blessing and delights me to no end. It shows me how much Daddy God is bringing forth things not just to me but to others as well. Hallelujah! I have to ask you, how many of you that are blasting the Elijah List have had any contact with it, read any of their materials? Do any of you know Steve Schultz personally to say whether he is a man of God or not? Remember, he is a man with weaknesses and faults just like us. Do you know the price he's paid to do what he is doing? And the conferences he endorses? Praise be to God for them! The last one my husband and I attended was not only great confirmation to me of the things the Lord has been telling me, but it also brought use into a place of receiving more clearly from the Holy Spirit.

You shall not muzzle an ox while it treads out the grain,” and, “The laborer is worthy of his wages.” Whether we buy that which they have labored over is up to us. I can just as well spend my money on something that is worldly as I could something that will build me up spiritually. No one is forcing anyone to buy any of the things on this list. It is offered, a bit more so than my liking but I must remember this is my brother in Christ.l God bought us at a very high price. To Him we were worth it. To some the cost of a book or teaching is worth the price we pay for it, knowing that the writer or teacher had to labor to bring it forth. Often the higher cost of producing something like this does not come from the revelatory words given to them alone, but also by the stand they have to make to bring them forth to others. I'm curious, did Lonnie Frisbee never take any money for that which he shared?

Please know that if Lonnie Frisbee were alive today, I would be praying for him just like I am praying for Steve Schultz. We each have weaknesses in our lives, sin that overtakes us sometimes that which we know and that which we do not know. But sin is sin. I look to the fruit and from whence it comes. If it comes from our Lord Jesus Christ then these people are my brother and sister in Christ. Only by the love we show one to another will the world know that we are His. I want the world to know I am His. Not for my self gain but because I want the world to know Him who saved me and who continues to walk beside me even when I fall because He loves me. And He loves the. Wasn't it God's love that sent His Son to die for our sins? Should we not, too, bear one anothers sin and not expose them shamefully?
Century after century the enemy has caused the body of Christ to be fractured and divided. When will we come together as one body, formed together in Christ Jesus. When one falls or makes mistakes why do we want to focus on their mistakes rather then life them in love and prayer? We can rebuke in love, with the Holy Spirit's leading. But it must be done in love and not with a gossiping tongue. We best make sure we know the whole story or have gotten the leading from the Holy Spirit to bring forth that rebuke or chastisement. "Judge not, that you be not judged. for with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in yur own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye;'; and look, a plank is in your own eye! Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye (Matthew 7:1-5)." Personally, I need to be reminded of these words often. There are times when the Holy Spirit will bring to our attendion the weaknesses of others but it is not for public announcement. Rather it is for either lifting in prayer or to approach that person in love to guide them back on the path of righteousness. But I need to be sure what the Holy Spirit is staying to do and not what Joanie is thinking she should do, ya know.

Anyway, that was my cents worth (uh, maybe dollars, lol). Consider what happened to Lonnie Frisbee and others because of the struggles in their lives. What do you think the outcome would have been had people, brothers and sisters in Christ, been praying for him/them, loving him/them through these difficult issues in his/their lives. How much longer could he/they have done for the kingdom of God if so many words of cursing and condemnation not come at him/them? It's something we need to consider.Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Now I'm gonna look for some spinach! LOL God bless you all.In His love, JoanAnyway, that was my cents worth (uh, maybe dollars, lol). Consider what happened to Lonnie Frisbee and others because of the struggles in their lives. What do you think the outcome would have been had people, brothers and sisters in Christ, been praying for him/them, loving him/them through these difficult issues in his/their lives. How much longer could he/they have done for the kingdom of God if so many words of cursing and condemnation not come at him/them? It's something we need to consider.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Now I'm gonna look for some spinach! LOL God bless you all.

In His love,
Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment