welcome

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
Please scroll to the bottom of page to read the notice if you are coming from the European Union...

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Be a blessing to others.

Be a blessing to others.

First off, I (David) am doing this on my own, because I think this is something worthy of our attention. I don't usually do this. But this is so needful in these days that we are in. Let me explain...

I paint houses for a living. All of my customers pay me for what I do for them.

I never do what I do for them for no cost. I, like most house painters, can not afford to give away what I do for a living. I just simply can't do it.

It is not something I am called to do with my skills as a professional painter of houses.

Which brings me to my point. There are so many places where we send our gifts and offerings as Christians. Some are very worthy and some are not so worthy. We want to be wise in where you share what God has given into our care as good stewards.

I know of one man who lives in a very awesome private community and is currently building a beautiful estate out in the desert. All on the gifts and offerings of other Christians. I know of another man who sends bibles printed in Chinese to China for those who are hungry for the Word of God, this same man supports children in Africa as if they were his very own family.

Which one of these men would you support? A no brainer for me...

If you are looking for a very worthy cause to invest your gifts and offerings in, a cause that actually helps people and doesn't build mansions and estates, then Genesis Counseling is that place.

Joe Dallas helps people through his counseling ministry. It is his job and it is his ministry. He gets paid for it.

But unlike me, Joe also makes his services available to those in need. He helps those who are in financial distress. This is a personal sacrifice that he is willing to make on the behalf of others. He does this because he is a Christian man of God. But he needs our help to accomplish his task more fully then he could on his own.

" Your gift helps insure that we can continue to assist men and women in need, consult with Pastors and Church leaders when emergencies arise, and continue to develop and offer quality products and services to the Christian community."

If your of a mind to enter into the blessing of helping Joe to help others, here is how you can do that:

http://www.joedallas.com/donate.cfm

Thanks and God Bless you
David Sloane

No comments:

Post a Comment